YOU’RE MOVING TO SOUTHWEST FLORIDA?
You’ve had it with snow, ice and subzero temperatures. The decision has been made; our gorgeous Gulf shores and sunsets beckon, and you’re moving to southwest Florida. Congratulations! Up and down the coast, beautiful views await with a myriad of things to experience, all attainable from your new high-end luxury home base in Naples or Boca Raton.
Consistently, southwest Florida has been ranked as one of the best places overall to live and/or retire, and that includes our beaches which continue to claim top spots in nationally ranked surveys year after year. There’s a lot to look forward to with all the old-world charm and luxury that southwest Florida has to offer. Here are just some of the exciting things to consider:
- Sun: There’s a reason it’s called the Sunshine State, and it’s because there is rarely a day that isn’t full of sunshine. The number of grey rainy days per year can be counted on one hand. Even during the hotter months when it rains more frequently, generally the clouds roll in at the same (typically afternoon) time and the rain lasts for a short time before the sun returns. Stock up on sunscreen!
- Lower taxes: There’s no state income tax here, which means more dough in your pocket. If you’re wondering whether the lack of state income tax is better or worse, Adrian D. Garcia says for Bankrate that it goes typically like this: States that don’t dip directly into their residents’ pay become beacons for growth. They’re better at creating jobs and keeping a core of young, educated workers from moving to other states.
- Winter is no big deal: There may be that one day in January when the temp dips below 70 and you actually consider socks, but otherwise, you can enjoy dining al fresco on a lovely January morning FaceTiming with family and friends up north while blizzards are happening in the Midwest and the Northeast heads into yet another deep freeze.
- Outside activities: There are a myriad of fun things to do outside! During the cooler months (generally November – March), enjoy biking the relatively flat terrain, visiting a state park, playing a round of golf at one of the many top ranked courses that dot the landscape, a game of tennis or pickleball, or hiking boardwalk trails through a nature preserve. Take the boat out on the Gulf, or charter a dolphin-watching cruise or fishing trip. The warmer months offer longer days and warmer Gulf temps that invite you to get to the beaches and into the water, where typically a gentle surf laps at beautiful white sandy shores. Explore the Everglades (a designated national park) on an airboat or swamp buggy tour.
- Clive Daniel interior designers are experts at reflecting Florida’s beauty in your home: From a tastefully placed potted palm to stunning window treatments and accessories that accentuate our clients’ preferences, our skilled designers capture the essence of Florida high end luxury living.
- Entertainment is aplenty: Larger metropolitan centers like Naples, Venice and Sarasota all offer entertainment venues catering to fans of music to theater and more. Tampa has major league sports teams, and many major league baseball teams make Southwest Florida their spring training home. Arts lovers can tour museums, art galleries and historical places like the Edison-Ford Winter Estates in Ft. Myers or the Salvador Dali Museum in St. Petersburg.
- We know you’re wondering: World class theme park fun at Disney and Universal are just a few hours away in Orlando, and Busch Gardens is in Tampa. The parks love their Florida resident friends and offer tons of perks all year long.
Enjoy all that Florida has to offer. Clive Daniel Home offers furniture and design for all of your luxury high-end residential needs as you settle into your new Florida residence. We look forward to welcoming you!
Courtesy of Fern Schmidt, Real Estate Relations in our Naples showroom. For more information, please reach out to Fern at email@example.com or call 239-404-1401.